As Occupy London prepares to take to the streets this coming May alongside cities around the world this weekend sees the occupation at Finsbury Square celebrate its six month anniversary and this week’s roving General Assembly visiting the British Bankers Association. In preparation for events on 1, 12 and 15 May, there will also be a packed skills-sharing event in collaboration with Seeds of Change, Green & Black Cross and The Occupied Times.
6.30pm – 9pm Friday 20 April – Roving General Assembly at British Bankers Association
This week’s roving General Assembly, where participants discuss issues using consensus decision making, will be visiting the British Bankers Association (105-108 Old Broad Street, EC2N 1EX), an association that lobbies the UK government on behalf of the likes of these wonderful companies. Setting off from St Paul’s at 6.30pm this Friday to start the GA at 7pm at the BBA, the assembly will be led by those involved in Occupy May and Tent City University. All welcome to attend. Facebook event here.
Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 April – Skill share and training for Occupy May
A weekend of free workshops for all that would like to get in training for upcoming fun and actions in May. Workshops include:
Saturday 21 April @ Friends House (173-177 Euston Road, NW1 2BJ)
• 11am – 12:30pm – Safer Spaces
• 11am – 12:30pm – Non-violent communication
• 11am – 12:30pm – Website training for Working Groups
• 1:30pm – 4:45pm – Facilitating Meetings
Sunday 22 April @ Friends House
• 11am – 12:30pm – Occupy Mainstream Media – Getting your message across
• 11am – 12:30pm – How we find hope and strength as individuals and community
• 1:30pm – 4:45pm – Direct Action
• 1:30pm – 4:45pm – Direct Democracy
• 1:30pm – 4:45pm – Making your own Media
Sunday 22 April @ SOAS, Main Building
• Noon – 5:00 pm – Standard Legal Observer Training with GBC
• Noon – 2:30 pm – Refresher Legal Observer Training with GBC
• 3pm – 5:00pm – Know your Rights workshop including Olympic briefing with GBC
• For the up to date schedule check the new website (in Beta):
• Saturday – http://occupylondon.org.uk/events/2012-04-21
• Sunday – http://occupylondon.org.uk/events/2012-04-22
• Facebook event – https://www.facebook.com/events/287533387993345/
5pm onwards Sunday 22 April – Finsbury Square occupation celebrates six months
From 5pm – 10pm Sunday 22 April, Occupy London Finsbury Square invites all to celebrate as it marks the six month anniversary of the occupation. Coming just one week after Occupy London Stock Exchange, the Finsbury Square occupation is situated in the the borough of Islington just on the border of the City of London, beside Bloomberg and close to UBS and Broadgate.
One of the longest running occupations anywhere, Finsbury Square is gearing up for May and preparing to host a gathering celebrating its six months – do come earlier for banner making. Bring food to share for the BBQ and join in the political talks, films, music and entertainment. Expect surprises! Facebook event here.
Join us as we get together to make May the beginning of a summer the one per cent will not forget.